How do I file an answer or other pleading?

Filing an answer or other pleading in this case must be done in one of three ways at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse, located at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012, 

  1. Deliver in person to: Stanley Mosk Courthouse, Complex Civil Filing Window, First Floor, Room 102, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for Court Holidays;

  2. Mail to: Stanley Mosk Courthouse, 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012; or

  3. Fax filing: Stanley Mosk Courthouse, General Jurisdiction-Complex (Room 102), Facsimile Telephone Number: (442) 247-3769

All service shall be made by electronic service through the provider File & ServeXpress. To register, visit their website,, or call 1-888-529-7587. Important case information: 19STCP01176, Los Angeles County Superior Court, Complex Civil Litigation Division, Department No. 010, Judge William F. Highberger presiding, located at 312 North Spring Street, Los Angeles, California 90012.

Please note that you will need to pay an appearance fee of $435 when you file your answer.

Show All Answers

1. Why have I received a notice or summons?
2. Will I still receive water service from my service provider?
3. What is the difference between receiving a notification or a summon?
4. Am I a party to this lawsuit?
5. Should I hire an attorney?
6. What happens if I file an answer or other pleading?
7. What happens if I don't file an answer or other pleading?
8. How do I file an answer or other pleading?
9. When is the next hearing in this case?
10. What is this lawsuit about? What is it trying to accomplish?
11. Why is the City seeking to adjudicate water rights in the Ventura River Watershed?
12. How does the City use water from the Ventura River?
13. Since Channelkeeper filed the initial lawsuit, why did I receive the notice?
14. What is the City's goal in resolving this litigation?