What are the City of Ventura construction hours?

Construction noise control: 

The City Municipal Code - Chapter 10-650, regulates the construction noise level in the City of Ventura. The construction work must be performed within the fours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. seven days a week. This time frame may be modified for some larger projects and will be referred to on the Planning Division's "Conditions of Approval". 

The maximum noise level allowed in residential zones is 55 decibels (Db) and in commercial zones is 65 Db. 

The following are excerpts from The City of Ventura Municipal Code Section 10-650. 

D. Construction of buildings and structures.

  1. Between the hours of 8:00 p.m. of one day and 7:00 a.m. of the next, no person adjacent to or within any residential zone in the city shall operate power construction equipment or tools or perform any outside construction repair work on buildings or structures, or operation any pile driver, steam shovel, pneumatic hammer, steam or electric hoist or other construction device so as to crease any noise which exceeds the noise level limits of this article. These specified construction activities are permitted between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. The performance or emergency work is except from the provisions of this section. 
  2. Home repairs and routine maintenance of personal property such as automobiles or boats is not considered construction. 
  3. The planning commission and city council shall retain the right to impose more restrictive hours of construction upon any projects involving construction activity by adding appropriate conditions to the city's approval of subdivisions, planned development permits, conditional use permits, variances and other projects.

Show All Answers

1. How do I view building permit records?
2. What are the City of Ventura construction hours?
3. How do I schedule building permit inspections?
4. What are the current adopted codes being enforced by the City of Ventura?
5. What if I have additional questions?
6. How do I submit Thomas Fire Rebuild plan checks?
7. Where do I obtain information regarding ADUs and JADUs?