Raftelis Financial Consultants, Ventura Water’s rate planning consultant, updated the financial plan and established costs of service, which informed the recommended changes to VenturaWater’s rates. Over the Fall and Winter of 2020-21, the Water Commission reviewed the rate modifications based on the completed Cost of Service and Rate Design Study. Milestones ahead include:
- City Council review │ Monday, March 22, 2021: the Water Commission presented recommended rate changes to City Council for review and approval.
- Customer notification │ April 2021: Ventura Water notified customers of rate structure changes by mail.
- Virtual community open houses │ Monday, April 19, 2021, and Wednesday, April 28,2021: Ventura Water held two virtual community open houses, during which the public was invited to learn more and ask questions about the proposed rate changes.
- Public hearing │ Monday, May 17, 2021: a formal public hearing before City Council was held to finalize rate changes. The rate changes were unanimously approved by City Council.
- Rate implementation │ July 1, 2021: the new rates will be in effect starting on July water bills.