Currently, the City does not have restrictions on outdoor watering for single family residential customers.
The City will be enforcing the irrigation ban on non-functional turf at commercial, industrial, and Institutional (CII) properties and common areas maintained by homeowners associations.
The State has defined non-functional turf as, “a ground cover surface of mowed grass that is ornamental and not otherwise used for human recreational purposes. Non-functional turf does not include school fields, sports fields, and areas regularly used for civic or community events." Failure to comply may result in a fine of up to $500 from the SWRCB.
Additionally, the following water waste prohibitions remain in place:
- Do not allow water to run and be wasted during outdoor use
- Do not allow leaks to persist for more than 48 hours
- Do not use a handheld hose without an automatic shutoff nozzle
- Do not operate fountains unless the water is recirculating
- Do not wash or hose down hardscape surfaces such as driveways and sidewalks
- Do not irrigate outdoor landscapes during and within 48 hours of measurable rainfall