News Flash Home
The original item was published from 8/19/2022 10:00:00 AM to 8/19/2022 10:00:56 AM.
Posted on: August 18, 2022
[ARCHIVED] Community Cleanup & Recycling Event
The City of Ventura’s Environmental Sustainability Division hosts several Community Cleanup & Recycling Events per year to help residents properly get rid of hard-to-manage waste. During these events, Ventura residents can drop off unwanted items to be properly disposed of or recycled. Event space is limited, and registration is required.
Items accepted, but not limited to the following:
- Household, trash, and garage Items: appliances, clothing, furniture, and metal
- Electronic waste: computers, TVs, printers, audio/video equipment
- Yard Waste
- Tires (limit 4 per household) for drop-off instructions, visit the registration website
Items NOT accepted:
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is the only material type NOT ACCEPTED. These items include but are not limited to aerosol cans, automotive fluids, motor oil and filters, paint, batteries, chemicals, and fluorescent tubes. For more information on how to dispose of HHW or to register for an upcoming HHW drop-off event, please visit our website www.cityofventura.ca.gov/hhw.
- Commercial and business waste is not accepted at these events and vehicles clearly marked for commercial purposes will not be allowed entry.
Do you have any documents that need to be shredded? The secure document shred services will also be available at this event. Residents may bring up to two banker boxes to be shredded onsite. All shredded material will be recycled.
Event registration is available online. Please visit our website www.cityofventura.ca.gov/ES. For more information, call the Division of Environmental Sustainability at 805-652-4525.