***Please read this important message about rescheduling of cannabis applicant interviews.***
The cannabis applicant interviews for the City of Ventura were previously scheduled for the first two weeks of February 2022, however, due to the surge in Covid-19 cases the City is unable to hold in-person interviews at that time. It is important to the City to conduct the interviews in person, therefore, we are working to reschedule the interviews for March 2022. Applicants will be notified as soon as the schedule is confirmed of their new interview date and time. The City is tentatively looking at dates between March 9-11 and/or 16-18.
- March 2022 - Phase III (Part 1 – Selection Committee): Further Evaluation, Interviews and Scoring
- Tentative window for interviews: March 2022
- Appeals after Phase II could delay Phase III.
- The Staff Selection Committee will conduct interviews using the evaluation criteria for Sections E-H of each application (Sections listed below). A description of the evaluation criteria being scored in this phase can be found in the Application Procedures & Guidelines (pgs. 10-12).
- Section E - Qualifications of Owners
- Section F - Neighborhood Compatibility
- Section G - Community Benefits and Investments Plan
- Section H - Proposed Location
- Phase III appeals: April 2022
If you have any questions, please send them to [email protected].