In October 2022, three commercial cannabis permits were conditionally awarded. The five Phase IV applicants who were not awarded conditional permits appealed that decision.
On Monday, July 24, 2023, City Council voted to approve an increase in the number of commercial cannabis business permits from five to a total of six. The City will conduct a new partial Phase IV process by which the five appellants can compete for all three remaining available cannabis permits.
The Community Development Department will publish a report on the five appellant applications on Thursday, July 27, 2023. Appellants will have until July 31, 2023, to submit a five-page letter in support of their applications to the City.
Appellants will then give one-hour presentations to the City Manager on Wednesday, August 9, 2023. The presentations will be live-streamed only and not open to public in-person attendance. An online public comment form will be open from August 10-18, 2023.
The final decision from the City Manager will be issued on or by August 31, 2023.
- July 24: City Council approves resolution increasing commercial cannabis business permits to six. Link to staff report
- July 27: Community Development to publish report on appellants' applications
- July 31: Deadline for appellants to submit five-page letters to the City Manager
- August 9: Presentations to City Manager, live-streamed only
- August 10-18: Online public comment period
- August 31: Final decision from City Manager
For additional information, visit the cannabis information webpage.