Mobile Reuse Program
- 1. Attend Training
- 2. Pay Fee
- 3. Fill & Haul Recycled Water
- Fill Station Map
- Recycled Water Use Guidelines
- Contact Jason Wong at (805) 677-4135 to sign up for training.
- Bring a copy of your Ventura Water bill and your Driver's License
- Permit will be issued at the end of training session
*In response to COVID-19, trainings will be held virtually by appointment.
- Mail application and payments to the Treasury Office at City Hall 501 Poli Street, Room #107
- $75.00 permit fee per year for residential customers.
- Check only
- Provide proof of payment to the Recycled Water Attendant at the Fill Station
- Receive Recycled Water Mobile Reuse Program wallet card
- Bring your approved and labeled container and fill with recycled water
- 300 gallon maximum fill volume per visit, 5 gallon minimum. (No limit on number of visits during fill station hours of operation)
- Know the weight of water: 1 Gallon = 8.34 Pounds; 300 gal. X 8.34 lbs = 2,500 lbs
Ventura Water Reclamation Facility
1400 Spinnaker Dr., Ventura, CA
Wednesday- Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Saturday- Sunday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Recycled water is only available when the fill station is open and staffed. Any request to pick up recycled water outside of the open hours posted above will be denied.
- Recycled water shall be used only for California Code of Regulations Title 22 approved uses for disinfected tertiary-treated recycled water, which includes landscape irrigation, dust control, and soil compaction. Water shall not be used for direct human consumption or for the processing of food or drink intended for human consumption.
- This program is for current Ventura Water customers only; there is no resale of recycled water to other users.
- No cross connections shall be made between drinking water systems and recycled water systems/equipment.
- The use of recycled water for landscape irrigation shall not cause or threaten to cause pollution or nuisance as defined in Water Code section 13050.
- There is no storage of recycled water; the volume of water collected must be used same day.
- Minimum container size/volume is 5 gallons; maximum is 300 gallons.
Do Not Use Recycled Water For:
- Direct Human Consumption
- Processing of Food or Drink
- Anything Intended for Human Consumption
Do Not Connect to Buried Irrigation Systems
Tanks, pumps, hoses, and equipment that contain recycled water must not be connected to buried irrigation systems, even if those systems are disconnected from your drinking water system.