Downtown Parking Permits
As a resident of the downtown you may be eligible to receive a parking permit. The City's Downtown Parking Permit Program provides all day parking for downtown residents. By displaying a valid parking permit on your car, you can park all day without the worry of getting a parking ticket or moving your car from space to space on your block near your home.
School & Medical District Parking Permits
The City of Ventura has installed timed parking in areas around Ventura's high schools, colleges, and medical facilities. As a resident of these areas you may be eligible to receive or may currently have a parking permit. The City's School Area and Medical District Parking Permit Program provides all day parking for residents in those areas. By displaying a valid parking permit on your car, you can park all day without the worry of getting a parking ticket.
Parking Permit Application
To apply for a parking permit, follow these simple steps:
- Enroll in Ventura OPS:
- Visit Ventura OPS Application
- Please be sure to check your "Junk Folder" for emails from Ventura OPS after enrolling.
- Select the appropriate Permit Type and Work Class:
- Permit Type: PW - Parking Permit (Residential, Multi-family)
- Work Class: Choose from "School Area", "Medical Area", or "Downtown Residential"
- Provide Vehicle Details:
For each vehicle, make sure to include the Year, Make, Model, and Plate number. Our system will then generate a unique Permit/Tag number for you.
- Payment and Processing:
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email from Ventura OPS with payment options.
- The current price for each parking permit is $25.00.
- Once your payment is received, the permit(s) will be mailed to your address. Alternatively, we can arrange for pickup at City Hall.
If you encounter any issues during the application process or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us at: