The Planning Division is comprised of two work units, Development Review and Planning Programs, which function as the City’s authority for permitting development applications, creating regulatory programs, policies and ordinances, implementing affordable housing and partnership CDBG/HOME projects, and engaging with the public and stakeholders in overall community development in the city. Collectively, all Division staff work collaboratively with applicants, developers, neighbors
On this website, you will find information and resources to help guide you on the following Planning Division work efforts:
- Development Review – All aspects of permit processing in the city and historic preservation efforts.
- General Plan, Housing Element, Community Plans, special studies
- Policy Programs - Emergency Shelter
Ovlerlay and Map Ordinance
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnerships (HOME)
- Grants and Housing - Affordable Housing Program and Inclusionary Housing
Help us build the future of Ventura!
The City of Ventura is accepting applications for the Genera Plan Advisory Committee. The General Plan guides the City's vision, goals and policies for the next 25 years. Applications are being accepted from September 1 - September 30, 2020!
For more information about the committee and qualifications, click here.
CMH Parking Structure
New Hospital Building
The Lodge Site Plan
Ventura Botanical Garden
Ventura County Med Center