How to Participate in Public Meetings
Find everything you need to know to participate and stay informed on upcoming meetings of the City Council, City Boards, Commissions, and Committees.
Providing your name/contact information is optional to participate in a Public Meeting. However, by providing, it will allow staff to follow-up with you on your item. All emails submitted to any Legislative Body are Public Records. Copies of forms submitted are posted online, with name and contact information redacted. You may only submit one comment form per agenda item. You may submit more than one form per agenda to address additional topics.
- Review the Meeting Agenda
- All meeting agendas are posted in the Agenda Center and listed by meeting body. Agendas are posted within 72 hours for all regular meetings.
- Submit Public Comment
- Attend the meeting in-person and complete a speaker card.
- For hybrid meetings held in-person and virtually, join the meeting virtually by clicking the meeting link on the front page of the agenda.
- Submit a comment card.
- Watch the Meeting Live
- Open the desired meeting agenda to read the topics being reviewed and the instructions on how to join the meeting (due due COVID-19, all meetings are held virtually or hybrid meeting allowing the public to join virtually).
Each meeting agenda will have a URL link or instructions on how to join the meeting.
Virtual Meeting Comments
Join the Virtual Meeting using the URL on the agenda by the indicated time. Note that meetings start 30 minutes early to allow the Public to join early. If you wish to speak, use the "Chat" feature to advise the meeting host.
You may submit written comments using an online form or email.
- Using the online form:
submit your comment online.
- By email: email staff as indicated on the posted agenda but the time listed.
- For City Council Meetings: email the City Clerk by 4:00 p.m. the day of the meeting (or unless otherwise listed on the agenda). Please include the agenda item number (i.e. Item No. 8) in your subject line.
- Live on YouTube – For closed captioning instructions, please refer to the supporting website.
- Webex – Real-time translation available during public meetings through Webex closed captioning. For live streaming or archived videos, please visit the archive website.
- Broadcasted live on Cable TV-Channel 15.
Find out how long members are elected for and when this council meets.
Access city departments and their services, contact information, and available resources.
Find information on each Board, Commission, and Committee including their purpose, members, and terms.
Mon Dec. 4
Wed Dec. 6Cocoa with a Cop This festive event will be hosted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023, from 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. at Lovewell Tea & Coffee, located at 2271 N. Ventura Avenue, Unit G, in west Ventura.
Sun Dec. 10Holiday Candlelight Tours Experience the magic of the holidays at the Olivas Adobe Historical Park with theatrical vignettes in every room, entertainment, and refreshments. Tour reservations required, call 805-658-4726.