- View current inspection schedule (with 3-hour estimated timeframes).
- Confirm after 8:30 am on the day of scheduled inspection, if needed,
- View the 2023 Building & Safety Calendar of Inspection Days
Building construction, request inspection:
- Through Ventura OPS, select "Request Inspection" and fill in the requested fields with your information.
- Call 805-654-7874 prior to 4:00 p.m. for following business day inspection. The City does not perform inspections on Alternate Fridays as per City calendar schedule.
- Please ensure to speak clearly and concisely when leaving a voicemail, providing the appropriate permit number(s), the type of inspection needed, contact name, A.M. or P.M. inspection time, and contact number. This will allow for the best retrieval of your information and avoid delays in providing a scheduled inspection.
- If you specify an A.M. or P.M. inspection preference, the timeframe cannot be guaranteed due to high volume.
- Contractor or representative and a ladder must be readily available on site at the time of inspection.
- E-mail [email protected] or call the Fire Inspection Line: 805-339-4333.
Land Development Inspections:
- Call the Inspection Request Line: 805-654-7767
* Please have the stamped plans printed on minimum 18x24 paper, on the job site for the inspector; the inspector will bring your job card at time of first inspection. Call for inspection at 805-654-7874 prior to 5:00 pm the day before the intended inspection date (Monday inspection will need to be called in by Friday at 5:00 p.m.)