Registration & Policies
Last Content Update:
There are 3 easy ways to register:
Register and pay online via ActiveNet
- Search for your activity using the activity name or activity code.
- Add the activity to your shopping cart, then complete your registration and payment using a credit card.
Call 805-658-4726 and a customer service representative will assist you with your registration. Se habla Español.
Come to Room 226 at Ventura City Hall, located at 501 Poli St, from 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, and a Customer Service Representative will assist you with your registration. We are closed on alternate Fridays. For a schedule visit: City Hall Hours
Additional Registration Information
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment.
- All registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A waiting list will be established if a program is full. If space becomes available, we will contact you. You will not be charged for the class unless you are enrolled.
- A completed participant release is required for all classes: Waiver
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Notice
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the City will make reasonable accommodations to make programs and services accessible to individuals with disabilities by calling 805-658-4726 or the California Relay Service.
We gladly accept Discover, Mastercard, Visa, and American Express.
Call 805-658-4726 to process cancellations, refunds, and transfers.
A full refund will be issued if a class or camp is canceled by the department.
Classes: Refunds, minus a $10 service fee, will be given to customer cancellations received 5-days prior to the first class, unless otherwise noted. Customer cancellations made less than 5-days prior to the first class, failure to attend a program, or no-shows will not be granted a refund.
Camps: Refunds, minus a $25 service fee, will be given to customer cancellations received 10-days or more before the first day of camp. Customer cancellations made 9 to 1-day before the first day of camp may receive a 50% refund. Customer cancellations made on or after the first day of camp, including no-shows, are not eligible for a refund.
COVID-19 Impacts: Depending on the circumstances, either a full or partial refund will be issued for a class or camp impacted by COVID-19.
The refund policy is per camp or class, and not per transaction.
All Campers Must:
- Have an emergency card on file: Participant Release/Emergency Form: Waivers Forms
- Be signed in and out each day by an authorized adult (unless authorized for release without an adult)
- Bring water and a snack (half day); lunch (full day)
- Wear sunscreen and bring a hat
A 10% surcharge is applied to each registered activity or lap swim pass, in an amount not to exceed $20 per activity registration, to customers who live outside Ventura City limits. The surcharge helps defray the costs of maintaining city parks and facilities, funded by resident taxes, that are used for classes and activities. This surcharge does not apply to adult sports leagues.
Service Fee & Refund Policy
A full refund will be issued if a class is canceled by the department. Customer cancellations received five days before the first class, unless otherwise noted, are eligible for a full refund minus a $10 service fee. Customer cancellations made less than five days before the first class, failure to attend a program, and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
Health & Safety
We continue to follow State and County safety guidance in response to COVID-19. Programs will follow all health mandates and guidance. We will continue to update our programs and make further adjustments as things change.
We’re Only Human
Sometimes we make mistakes. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you find anything that does not make sense or appears to be an error.