Forms & Documents
- 2020 Construction Permit Fees (effective July 10, 2020) (PDF)
- 2019 Construction Permit Fees (effective July 1, 2019) (PDF)
- For 2018 and older Construction Permit Fees, check the Archives Section on the left side of this page.
Two Types of Applications
1. Simple Permit Application
(water heaters, FAU changeouts, re-roofs, etc.)
- Water Heater Requirements Information Sheets
- Water Heater Certificate of Installation - Storage Tank
- Water Heater Certificate of Installation - Tankless
- Forced Air Unit Replacement Compliance Certificate
- Wall Heater Replacement Compliance Certificate
- Residential Window Replacement Specification Form
2. Construction Permit Application
(complex permit requiring plan review - residential/non-residential alterations, additions, photovoltaic submittal, and new constructions, adding/removing walls, etc.)
- 2016 Ordinances - Current Building Codes in effect as of 1-1-2017, adopting and amending by reference the 2016 Editions of the California Building code, Electrical Code, Fire Code, Mechanical Code, Plumbing Code, Residential Code.
- 2013 Ordinances - Current Building Codes in effect as of 1-2-2014, adopting and amending by reference the 2013 Editions of the California Building Code, Electrical Code, Fire Code, Mechanical Code, Plumbing Code, Residential Code, and the 2012 Edition of the International Property Maintenance Code.
- International Property Maintenance Code - Amended and Adopted as the Ventura City Property Maintenance Code
Title 24 Guidelines
SEE THE WEBSITE
California State Energy Commission Non-residential Energy forms
California State Energy Commission Residential Energy Forms
Mobile Home Park Information
For information on mobile home parks such as safety issues, installation of an accessory structure, or unlicensed sales activities, please visit the California Department of Housing and Community Development page on mobile home assistance.