Facility & Pool Rules
Ventura Aquatic Center Facility & Pool Rules
- Showers are required for all guests entering any pools.
- Active in-water supervision, within arms reach, is required for all non-swimmers; including those wearing approved floatation devices.
- No diving in shallow pools.
- No excessive breath holding.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn: no cut-off jeans, shorts below the knees, t-shirts, tank tops or athletic wear. No swimsuits with metal or plastic rivets are allowed on the slides. Infants must wear swim diapers or rubber pants.
- Everyone entering the facility must pay entrance fee, including swimmers & non-swimmers.
- In order to ride waterslides, you must be 42” tall.
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible person 18 years of age or older.
- Only Coast Guard approved floatation devices may be worn in the pool.
- No running, pushing, roughhousing or hanging on the back of other swimmers.
- The use of fins, snorkels and toys are prohibited during recreational swim times.
- All persons having open wounds, diarrhea, vomiting, or any other condition that has the appearance of being infectious shall be refused admittance to the pools.
- The City of Ventura is not responsible for lost or stolen belongings.
- All food and drink must remain inside picnic areas. No glass containers or alcohol is allowed.
The following are prohibited when using the facility:
Possession of weapons, use of alcohol, narcotics or smoking, persons under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, animals, glass bottles, bicycles, skateboards, roller blades and loud radios.
Diving Board Rules:
- Children under 12 years of age, or anyone who does not demonstrate the ability to swim safely, must pass a deep-water swim test before entering the competition pool.
- Only one person at a time is permitted on the diving board.
- Before diving, make sure the water surrounding the board is clear of all swimmers.
- Only one bounce per dive is permitted.
- Dives must be directed straight off the front of the board.
- Only forward dives or forward somersaults may be attempted.
- After diving, swim immediately to the ladder and exit the pool.
- Any diver who is acting in an unsafe manner, or is disobeying the rules, will be prohibited from use of the diving board and may be dismissed from the facility.
- The following dives are not permitted during open dive times: INWARD, REVERSE, TWISTING, SITTING, HANDSTAND, or BACK.
- Riders must be at least 42” inches tall to ride the waterslide.
- Only one patron on the slide is permitted at a time.
- Riding position is lying on the back with feet first or sitting facing forward.
- Do not stand up, stop, slow down, spin around or form a chain of riders on slide at any time.
- No swimsuits with rivets, lifejackets, eyeglasses, sunglasses or goggles may be worn on the slide.
- Riders must wait for the lifeguard’s signal to enter and go down the waterslide.
- Riders must promptly exit the slide and move away from the area.
- No running, roughhousing or horseplay at any time.
- Maximum individual rider weight limit is 300 lbs.
- Those who are pregnant or have a heart condition should not ride.