The Community Development Department is responsible for planning and zoning, building and safety, code enforcement and housing and redevelopment for the City of Ventura. Our department works to ensure that new construction and additions to existing structures meet the policies and guidelines that have been established for public safety, zoning and development. Community Development also works with various city commissions that help guide and advise the City Council regarding growth in the city. Many projects that come before the city for review are presented to one or more commissions or committees for recommendations to the City Council.
This is a working map that will be regularly updated to keep the community informed of the development activities occurring in the city. Information includes:
- New Application - Projects received within the last 30 days.
- Under Review - Projects that are under planning review.
- Set for Hearing - Projects that have been scheduled for review at a Public Hearing.
- Recently Acted On - Projects that have received an approval or denial from a Hearing Body and are in their appeal period.
- Entitled - Projects that have passed their appeal period and can submit for Building permits.
- Under Construction - Projects that have received Building permits and are being constructed.
If you have any questions about any of the projects, please contact the project planner that is listed for more information.
Please note: this is a working map so projects are being updated or added regularly and as staffing time permits.
The Community Development Department strives to provide excellent service. Each division follows the core values of the department to achieve maximum customer service success. To download the Community Development Departments Core Values list CLICK HERE.