Ventura Compost Co-Op
The Ventura Compost Co-Op at Cornucopia Community Gardens is a collaboration between the City of Ventura, Ojai Center for Regenerative Agriculture, and L.A. Compost. Funded through CalRecycle’s Community Composting for Green Spaces Grant Program, the Ventura Compost Co-Op will divert material from the landfill by composting material locally and create a shared space to learn about composting and waste diversion.
Participating members will be able to drop-off their food scraps and other accepted materials into the locked drop-off containers. The collected materials will be added to the onsite composting piles by the site manager on a weekly basis. Members are required to attend one volunteer event per year to maintain the compost piles and the site. In return, members will be allotted some of the finished compost to take home. Additional events and workshops about composting, waste diversion, and sustainability will be available through the Ventura Compost Co-Op for members as well as the community.
- Sign up to be a member for the Ventura Compost Co-op (spaces are limited).
- Collect your kitchen scraps and other accepted materials at home (Printable Guide).
- Drop off material to be composted in the locked drop-off containers at Cornucopia Community Gardens.
- Attend at least 1 volunteer event per year to help maintain the compost piles and the site.
- Take home finished compost to add to your garden.
The Community Compost Co-Op has a volunteer opportunities for both members and the wider community. We will be offering monthly volunteer opportunities to add collected material from the drop-off boxes to the compost piles and to maintain the site.
Please reach out if you are interested in joining us at our first volunteer day on March 19, 2022! More information about volunteer opportunities will be available here.