Spark of Love Toy Drive
The Fire Departments of Ventura County team up each year for the Spark of Love Holiday Toy Drive. Your Ventura, Oxnard, and Ventura County firefighters collect toy donations for distribution to local children in need to help provide a happier holiday experience.
In 2020, we saw record-breaking success! Through generous donations from our communities, more than 15,000 local children and youth through over 30 non-profits were gifted by the kindness of our neighbors, businesses and supporting sponsors in 2020. This number more than doubled the reach of 6,000 children in 2019!
The 2021 Holiday Season
This special community campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for underserved children and teens in Ventura County. In 2021, we are also supporting Food Share in the fight against hunger in our county. Food Share will be providing boxes of food to families served thru this year's toy drive. Non-perishable food can also be donated at any participating location.
Be a donation location!
- Participating businesses can pick up donation boxes, posters, and collateral materials starting November 1, 2021.
- Businesses collecting toys and food should drop-off donations to Toy Central no later than Monday, December 13th to ensure delivery to families in time for the holidays.
Ways to Donate:
- Drop off your new, unwrapped toys or sports equipment and non-perishable food items at the Ventura Fire Department Headquarters located at 1425 Dowell Drive in Ventura.
- Bring your new, unwrapped toys or sports equipment to any participating business. Find all participating businesses throughout Ventura County here.
- Donate online through the Ventura County Professional Firefighters Association (VCPFA). All proceeds are tax deductible and will go towards buying toys from local, small businesses.
“The holiday season is a time of giving, and in Ventura, a city full of compassion, generosity, and empathy, our true goal is not to collect the most toys but to spread the most joy. The need for holiday cheer is greater than ever and Spark of Love is only possible due to the ongoing generosity of thousands of people in our community." - Fire Chief David Endaya