City of Ventura Social Media Policy
The City of Ventura welcomes your comments regarding City information and business. The City reviews comments after they have been posted. Since this page is public and visible to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, posts should be respectful, civil and considerate of visitors.
Comments will be hidden or removed if they:
- Contain personal attacks or threats against a member of the public or an outside organization.
- Solicit, promote or advertise services or products.
- Contain abusive, profane or vulgar language.
- Contain language that may compromise or threaten the safety of any person or organization.
- Contain sexual content, graphic or obscene material, or material that would otherwise violate the law if published on this site.
- Contain offensive language relating to specific ethnic, religious, racial or other protected groups.
- Contain false or misleading information, including impersonation of any other individual.
- Discuss topics that have no relevance to the City or its business.
Privacy: To protect your personal privacy and the privacy of other persons, please do not include identifiable or sensitive information in your posts, such as Social Security numbers, phone numbers or addresses.
No Endorsements: This page is monitored and moderated by the City of Ventura. The City does not endorse any opinions expressed by followers or site visitors of this page.
Posting: The comments posted on this site do not reflect the views or opinions of the City or its elected officials and employees. Comments may not be reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying City endorsement or approval of any viewpoint, product, service, entity or organization. The City does not archive information posted on this site, or otherwise retain or maintain historical postings.
No Promotions or Spam: Followers and site visitors are not allowed to promote their own products, services or events. The City reserves the right to remove spam, commercial and promotional posts. Any references on this site to commercial entities, products, services, or other non-governmental organizations or individuals are provided solely for informational purposes or are provided by the Web hosting service. Such references do not constitute an official endorsement of any product, person or service.
Release of Liability: By accessing this site, you agree to release the City (its agencies, officers, directors, employees and agents) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute involving the posting of comments to or any other content on this site. In entering into this release, you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
Contact: Communications made through social media channels will not constitute legal or official notice to the City or any official or employee of the City for any purpose. You can find contact information for the City by visiting the city website.
Amendments: This policy may be updated or amended at any time.