Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Recruitment FAQ's - General
1. Where do I view job opportunities with the City of Ventura?
View the City of Ventura’s current job opportunities at www.cityofventura.ca.gov/jobs. All job postings are advertised when there are current or expected vacancies within a specific job classification. Job postings contain important information such as details about the position, minimum qualifications, selection procedures and application deadlines. Most job postings are open for a set time period with a definite closing date and time after which additional applications will not be accepted. Other jobs are listed as a "continuous" recruitment without a specified closing date; however, continuous recruitments are subject to closure at any time and without notice.
2. How do I apply for a job at the City of Ventura?
3. How do I contact someone if I have a question about a specific job opportunity or the application process?
If you need assistance and want to speak with a recruiter, please call the City of Ventura Human Resources Department at (805) 654-7853 and you will be directed to the appropriate team member. You may also contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What if I forgot my governmentjobs.com password?
To reset your password, you must follow the governmentjobs.com online instructions for resetting your password or contact NEOGOV customer service at (855) 524-5627. The City of Ventura Human Resources Department is unable to reset your password.
5. What if the job I want to apply for isn't listed on the Job Opportunities page?