Are you looking to apply?
The City of Ventura is making it easier to do business in Ventura by creating a virtual one-stop-shop for permit services. No need to come to City Hall. Residents, developers, and business owners can now submit electronic applications for City permits and development projects online, anytime, anywhere.
- Monday - Wednesday
7:30AM - 4:00PM
9:00AM - 4:00PM
- Friday; closed alternate Fridays
7:30AM - 4:00PM
- Closed everyday from 12:00PM - 1:00PM
Please note: We continue to only process electronic submittals. For questions or more information about Permit Services and the submittal process, click here.
Apply online for new, alterations, and repair permits for the following divisions: Building and Safety, Planning, Land Development, Fire Prevention, Transportation, Environmental Sustainability, and Water. Submit your documents electronically through this portal.
Applications, Documents, and Forms for all applicable online submittal types.
Submit a permit payment through our online portal. Note: you must have received an invoice in order to submit a payment.
Please call (805) 654-7869 for additional questions or requests. Note: inspections can take place at any time within the timeframe. Permit card, approved plans, and any necessary observations or deputy reports must be onsite at the time of inspection.
Interested in a project?
This is a working map that will be regularly updated to keep the community informed of the development activities occurring in the city. Information includes:
- New Application - Projects received within the last 30 days.
- Under Review - Projects that are under planning review.
- Set for Hearing - Projects that have been scheduled for review at a Public Hearing.
- Recently Acted On - Projects that have received an approval or denial from a Hearing Body and are in their appeal period.
- Entitled - Projects that have passed their appeal period and can submit for Building permits.
- Under Construction - Projects that have received Building permits and are being constructed.
If you have any questions about any of the projects, please contact the project planner that is listed for more information.
Please note: this is a working map so projects are being updated or added regularly and as staffing time permits.