Public Meeting Updates
As we reschedule and plan future meetings, the Brown Act modifications in Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-25-20 will be considered, allowing the community to participate in Public Meetings in a way that helps reduce the spread of COVID-19.
City Council Meetings
Next Meeting: Monday, August 3, 2020 at 6:00 pm
How to watch a City Council meeting LIVE from your home:
- Join a WebEx meeting LIVE
NOTE: WebEx link only works while meeting is LIVE. After meeting has ended, use the Archived Video link to view the meeting. You must join the WebEx Meeting to provide Public Comment - #5 below.
Join with only an “audio” connection: 1-408-418-9388 / Access Code 627 141 500
- Watch live streaming or an Archived Video
Cable TV - Channel 15, live and replayed as listed on CAPS media schedule.
- Submit your comments via email by 4:00 pm on the City Council meeting day. Please submit your comment to the City Clerk using this form www.cityofventura.ca.gov/publicinput or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (up to 1000 characters) When sending an email, please indicate in the Subject Line, the Agenda item number (i.e. Item No. 8A). Your form/email will be read by City Council and placed into the item’s record at the meeting.
- When watching the live stream or WebEx meeting, submit a Public Comment (item 7) for items not on the day’s agenda or comments on a specific agenda item as it is being heard, submit your comment to the City Clerk using this form www.cityofventura.ca.gov/publicinput or send an email to email@example.com (up to 1000 characters). Every effort will be made to read your comment into the record, but some comments may not be read due to time limitations. All comments received by the conclusion of the agenda item will be made part of the record.
- To Provide Public Comment Live: You must attend the WebEx Meeting with audio connected to your computer/device, you will see Chat feature on your screen. You can write, "I would like to speak on Agenda Item #__" in the Chat feature. During the discussion of that item, the Mayor will call for public comment. The City Clerk will announce those requesting to speak and unmute your mic allowing you to speak to the Mayor and Councilmembers. You will be heard, but not visible on screen. You will have 3 minutes to provide your comments. When you are finished, your mic will be muted.