Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA)

Hazardous Materials Permit Process

California Fire Code (Sections 105.1.1 and 105.1.2) requires all buildings, devices, receptacles, and/or spaces utilized in the storage, transfer and application of hazardous materials receive prior authorization from the Fire Prevention Division.

Permits, associated plans, and/or drawings can be submitted to the Fire Prevention Division.  Permits and associated plans found to be incomplete or incorrect will be not be processed. A City business license, contractor's state license, and permit application fee are required. Contact the Fire Prevention Division directly for detailed information on submissions.

Hazmat Permit Documents