Frequently Asked Questions
- Why have I received a notice or summons?
- Will I still receive water service from my service provider?
- What is the difference between receiving a notification or a summon?
- Am I a party to this lawsuit?
- Should I hire an attorney?
- What happens if I file an answer or other pleading?
- What happens if I don't file an answer or other pleading?
- How do I file an answer or other pleading?
- When is the next hearing in this case?
- What is this lawsuit about? What is it trying to accomplish?
- Why is the City seeking to adjudicate water rights in the Ventura River Watershed?
- How does the City use water from the Ventura River?
- Since Channelkeeper filed the initial lawsuit, why did I receive the notice?
- What is the City's goal in resolving this litigation?
- What is the State Water Interconnection Project?
- Why connect to State Water?
- Why construct both the State Water Interconnection and VenturaWaterPure Projects?
- Why doesn’t the City of Ventura pursue a connection to the State Water Project at Lake Piru or Castaic Lake rather than a connection through Calleguas Municipal Water District’s system?
- What is VenturaWaterPure?
- What are the components of VenturaWaterPure?
- What have been the safety considerations of potable reuse?
- Why is VenturaWaterPure needed?
- Why is VenturaWaterPure the preferred recycled water solution?
- Why is the project scheduled for 2025 completion?
- How will VenturaWaterPure be funded?
- Why doesn’t the City expand its tertiary treated water or “purple pipe” infrastructure?
- Why doesn’t the City convey its tertiary treated water to the City of Oxnard as an alternative to the VenturaWaterPure Project?
- Why isn’t the City sending the tertiary treated water to United Water Conservation District’s (United) spreading grounds?