Community Cleanup & Recycling Events
Community Safety Precautions
In order to resume our Community Cleanup and Recycling Events and ensure that the event runs smoothly, we ask that participants follow the guidelines below:
- Register for the the event in advance.
- Arrive at your scheduled time.
- Be prepared to provide proof of City of Ventura residency, such as a Photo I.D. or a utility bill, and registration confirmation.
- Wear a face covering over the nose and mouth.
- Remain in your vehicle until instructed to offload materials.
We thank you for your cooperation!
Community Cleanup & Recycling Days
The Environmental Sustainability Division hosts quarterly Community Cleanup & Recycling Days, as a part of the franchise agreement with E.J. Harrison & Sons, in order to help residents properly get rid of hard-to-manage waste. During these events, Ventura residents can drop off unwanted items to be properly disposed of or recycled.
Items accepted, but not limited to the following:
- Household/Trash/Garage Items: Appliances, clothing, furniture, metal, tires (limit 4 tires per household)
- Yard Waste: Wood, all yard trimmings
- Electronic waste: Computers, TVs, Printers, Audio/video equipment
Items NOT accepted:
- Household Hazardous Waste is the only material type NOT ACCEPTED. These items include but are not limited to aerosol cans, automotive fluids, motor oil and filters, paint, batteries, chemicals, and fluorescent tubes.
- Business waste is not accepted at these events and vehicles clearly marked for commercial purposes will not be allowed entry.
While Community Cleanup & Recycling Day staff and volunteers are available to assist with offloading vehicles, we ask that attendees come as prepared as possible to remove their items themselves.
Secure Document Shred Service
The Division also offers secure document shred services at designated Document Shred Days or sometimes, as a service within the Community Cleanup & Recycling Days. Please read the event details to determine if Shred Services will be available at upcoming events.
The document shred service will shred documents onsite, and all shredded material is recycled. Please note this service is for non-business use, and pre-registration is required. Limit two bankers box sized boxes per household.