- Public Works
- Environmental Sustainability
- Community Cleanup & Recycling Events
Community Cleanup & Recycling Events
Community Cleanup and Recycling Events are held quarterly. The latest event was hosted in February 2023. Stay tuned for the next event date happening in the spring.
The Environmental Sustainability Division hosts quarterly Community Cleanup & Recycling Events, as a part of the franchise agreement with E.J. Harrison & Sons, in order to help residents properly get rid of hard-to-manage waste. During these events, Ventura residents can drop off unwanted items to be properly disposed of or recycled.
Items accepted, but not limited to the following:
- Household/Trash/Garage Items: Appliances, clothing, furniture, and metal
- Yard Waste: Wood, all yard trimmings
- Electronic waste: Computers, TVs, Printers, Audio/video equipment
- Tires (limit 4 per household). Please read the event registration page for drop-off instructions.
Items NOT accepted:
- Household Hazardous Waste is the only material type NOT ACCEPTED. These items include but are not limited to aerosol cans, automotive fluids, motor oil and filters, paint, batteries, chemicals, and fluorescent tubes.
- Business waste is not accepted at these events and vehicles clearly marked for commercial purposes will not be allowed entry.
While Community Cleanup & Recycling Event staff and volunteers are available to assist with offloading vehicles, we ask that attendees come as prepared as possible to remove their items themselves.
Secure Document Shred Service
The Division also offers secure document shred services at designated Document Shred Days or sometimes, as a service within the Community Cleanup & Recycling Events. Please read the event details to determine if Shred Services will be available at upcoming events.
The document shred service will shred documents onsite, and all shredded material is recycled. Please note this service is for non-business use, and pre-registration is required. Limit two bankers box sized boxes per household.
Community Safety Precautions
In order to resume our Community Cleanup and Recycling Events and ensure that the event runs smoothly, we ask that participants follow the guidelines below:
- Register for the event in advance.
- Arrive at your scheduled time.
- Be prepared to provide proof of City of Ventura residency, such as a Photo I.D. or a utility bill, and registration confirmation.
- Remain in your vehicle until instructed to offload materials.
We thank you for your cooperation!
There are no published events in current month.