Community Cleanup & Recycling Events
Community Safety Precautions
In order to resume our Community Cleanup and Recycling Events and ensure that the event runs smoothly, we ask that participants follow the guidelines below:
- Register for the the event in advance.
- Arrive at your scheduled time.
- Be prepared to provide proof of City of Ventura residency, such as a Photo I.D. or a utility bill, and registration confirmation.
- Wear a face covering over the nose and mouth.
- Remain in your vehicle until instructed to offload materials.
We thank you for your cooperation!
Community Cleanup & Recycling Days
Community Cleanup & Recycling Days are postponed until further notice. Please stay tuned for future services.
The Environmental Sustainability Division hosts quarterly Community Cleanup & Recycling Days, as a part of the franchise agreement with E.J. Harrison & Sons, in order to help residents properly get rid of hard-to-manage waste. During these events, Ventura residents can drop off unwanted items to be properly disposed of or recycled.
Accepted items include but are not limited to the following:
- Household/Trash/Garage Items: Appliances, clothing, furniture, metal, tires
- Yard Waste: Wood, all yard trimmings
- Electronic waste: Computers, TVs, Printers, Audio/video equipment
Items NOT ACCEPTED:
- Household Hazardous Waste is the only material type NOT ACCEPTED. These items include but are not limited to aerosol cans, automotive fluids, motor oil and filters, paint, batteries, chemicals, and fluorescent tubes.
- Business waste is not accepted at these events and vehicles clearly marked for commercial purposes will not be allowed entry.
While Community Cleanup & Recycling Day staff and volunteers are available to assist with offloading vehicles, we ask that attendees come as prepared as possible to remove their items themselves.
Document Shred Days
The Division also hosts multiple Document Shred Days throughout the year to assist residents with securely destroying private documents and ensure 100% recycling for clean paper products. Please note this service is for non-business use, and pre-registration is required. Limit two bankers box sized boxes per household.