Permits, Special Events, Film & More

Film & Photo Permit - Button

Film & Photo Permits

Ventura provides a unique backdrop for film and photography. If you're interested in filming your next movie or commercial in Ventura or would like to use one of our historic sites for a marketing campaign, the City issues film and photo permits through the Parks and Recreation Department.

Special Event - Button

Special Event Permits

Are you interested in holding a festival at one of our City parks, organizing a free speech march down Main Street, or hosting a block party with your neighbors? Special Event Permits are required for all events held within the City of Ventura that impact public property such as parks, roadways, and sidewalks. Permits are issued through the Parks and Recreation Department in coordination with the Fire, Police, and Public Works Departments.

Temporary Banner Permit - Button

Temporary Banner Permits

Temporary banner permits are available to non-profit or charitable organizations interested in displaying banners to promote special events or programs on select City of Ventura public utility poles. Permits are issued through the Parks and Recreation Department in coordination with the Communications Division in the City Manager's Office.

Expanded Temporary Retail & Restaurant Operations Button

Temporary Outdoor Business Expansion Program

On July 13, 2020, the Ventura City Council unanimously approved the extension of the pilot program to allow business throughout the City of Ventura to expand their business operations, with a permit, as part of the city’s expanded Temporary Outdoor Business Expansion Program. The program will provide more space to conduct business using social distancing practices.

Contact Us

Allyson DesBaillets
Community Partnerships Coordinator
(805) 654-7749

Steven DeFratus
Community Partnerships Supervisor
(805) 658-4732

  1. Parks & Recreation
    501 Poli St, Room 226
    Ventura, CA 93001

    Phone: 805-658-4726

  2. Facebook