The Olivas Adobe historic site features the original two-story adobe home of Don Raymundo Olivas built in 1847, another small adobe, and beautiful courtyard. City facilitated cultural events, docent-led tours, and educational programs are held at the Olivas Adobe. It's also the perfect location for weddings, company picnics, and family celebrations.
This Albinger Archaeological Museum is located next to Mission San Buenaventura and was once the home to 5 different cultures (Chumash, Spanish, Mexican, Chinese and circa 1850 U.S.) spanning 3,500 years of Ventura’s history. This site displays numerous artifacts and features the foundations of the “lost mission church”, an ancient earth oven, and the oldest standing structure in Ventura County, the mission water-filtration building.
The Ortega Adobe, located on Main Street near Downtown Ventura, is a historic adobe house built in 1857. This site was the original home of the Ortega Chili Company and was designated a City of Ventura historic landmark in 1974.
San Buenaventura City Hall, also known as Ventura City Hall, was built in 1912 and is known for its neo-classical columns, colossal interiors, foyers, and stained glass domes. City Hall houses city government offices, City Council chambers, the City Clerk's office, and Municipal Art Collection.
The Ventura Pier, formerly known as the San Buenaventura Wharf, is a wooden pier built over the Pacific Ocean just off the beachfront promenade. The Pier, originally built in 1872, offers spectacular views of the Channel Islands, coastline, and mountains. It's the perfect location for a leisurely walk, an afternoon fishing, or a photo with friends.
The Dudley House, built in 1892, is a fully furnished five-bedroom home with Dudley family furniture, photos, and artifacts depicting the era from 1892 to the 1930’s. The Dudley House is open for tours the first Sunday of each month and for special tours by appointment only.