Last Content Update:
The Parks Division provides park maintenance services for 46 parks covering over 800 acres including the City's open spaces, community and neighborhood parks, sports fields, beaches, community gardens, and the Ventura Aquatic Center. The Division also oversees golf services, the City’s new BAM! (Beautify and Maintain) team, and maintains over 32,000 street trees consisting of 323 tree varieties.
- Are bands or DJ's allowed in city parks?
Bands, DJs, and amplified sound are not allowed in city parks unless connected to an event or reservation permitted through the city.
- Are dogs allowed to be off leash in city parks?
For information on where dogs are allowed to be off leash in city parks, review the Off-Leash Area brochure (PDF).
- Can I trim my own parkway tree?
All trimming of parkway trees must be approved by the city's Urban Forestry Section in the Parks Division. To request approval to trim a parkway tree, call 805-667-6519.
- Do I need a reservation to have a picnic in a city park?
Park reservations are required for groups over 50 people and for groups of any size hosting activities that involve bounce houses, outside vendors, alcohol, amplified sound, and use of reservable BBQ and picnic areas. For more information and to reserve a park area, call 805-658-4726.
- Does the city pick up debris in alleyways?
The Beautify and Maintain (BAM) Team collects debris in public areas; they do not collect debris on private property.
- How do I apply for a bounce house permit in a city park?
To apply for a bounce house permit in a city park, call the Parks and Recreation Department at 805-658-4726.
- How do I report a fallen tree or tree branch?
To report a fallen tree or branch impeding the public right of way, please contact the Ventura Police Department's non-emergency line at 805-650-8010.
- How do I report debris in public spaces?
To report debris in public spaces, call the debris removal hotline at 805-677-3999 and give a brief description of the items that need removal and their location.
- How do I report a water leak in a city park?
To report a water leak in a city park, call 805-652-4550.
- How do I request city tree trimming?
Residents can request a tree to be trimmed on public property by calling the Urban Forestry office at 805-667-6519.
- How do I reserve a BBQ area in a city park?
If you are interested in reserving a BBQ area in a city park, review the BBQ Reservation Information Sheet (PDF).
- How do I reserve a city pickleball court?
Pickleball courts in city parks operate on a first come first served basis.
- How do I reserve a space in a city park to host a special event?
If you are interested in reserving a space in a city park to host a special event, review the Special Event Resource Guide (PDF).
- Is there a parking fee at Arroyo Verde Park?
The parking fee at Arroyo Verde Park is $3 per vehicle on weekends and holidays.
- Is there a parking fee at Marina Park?
Parking at Marina Park is free during park hours with no overnight parking.
- What does the BAM team do?
The Beautify and Maintain (BAM) Team removes debris, graffiti, and hauls trash from city spaces.
- When does a tree need to be removed?
Trees, depending on the species, have different lifespans. Some naturally begin to falter, while others may be affected by disease or invasive pests. In all cases of tree removals, the decision is made to ensure the safety of people, property, and infrastructure.
- Who do I contact to report graffiti on city property?
To report graffiti on city property, call 805-654-7805.