Library of Reports
Below is a list of resources for the program. Find more information on purified water treatment at the Advanced Purification Process webpage.
- WaterSMART Large-Scale Water Recycling Projects Application
- Attachment A -- Budget Detail and Narrative
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Documents
VenturaWaterPure was analyzed under CEQA as part of the Ventura Water Supply Projects Environmental Impact Report (EIR). The Final EIR was approved by the Ventura City Council on October 14, 2019.
- 2022 Ventura Water Supply Project Environmental Impact Report Addendum
- 2019 Ventura Water Supply Project Final Environmental Impact Report
- 2019 Ventura Water Supply Project Draft Environmental Impact Report
- 2019 Ventura Water Supply Project Draft Environmental Impact Report Appendices
- 2017 Notice of Preparation- Ventura Water Supply Projects
Comprehensive Water Resources Reports
Comprehensive Water Resources Reports (CWRRs) have been drafted every year since 2013 to provide a comprehensive evaluation of Ventura’s current and projected water supply needs. The CWRRs track proposed development projects, calculate anticipated increases in water demand associated with development projects and evaluates the subsequent impacts on the current water supply.
- 2021 Comprehensive Water Resources Report
- 2020 Comprehensive Water Resources Report
- 2019 Comprehensive Water Resources Report
- 2018 Comprehensive Water Resources Report
- 2017 Comprehensive Water Resources Report
- 2016 Comprehensive Water Resources Report
Special and Estuary Studies
The Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB), which regulates the City of Ventura’s discharges into the Santa Clara River Estuary, ordered the City to complete a series of special studies. This included the Phase 1 Estuary Subwatershed Study, the Treatment Wetlands Feasibility Study, and the Recycled Water Market Study. Following the completion of these studies, stakeholders indicated the need for additional studies (the Phase 2 Studies) to develop additional information to improve the scientific and ecological understanding of the Santa Clara River Estuary. Stakeholders identified final remaining data gaps, and the RWQCB ordered the Phase 3 studies. These studies were ultimately reviewed by a Scientific Review Panel that provided final recommendations. The results of these efforts are recorded in the documents linked below.
- Pre-Construction Assessment Program (PCAP) Annual Report: WY2022
- Pre-Construction Assessment Program and Monitoring, Assessment, and Adaptive Management Plan
- 2018 June Scientific Review Panel (SRP) Final Recommendations
- 2018 Technical Review Team Comments on Scientific Review Panel (SRP) Report for Phase III Report
- 2018 Nutrient, Dissolved Oxygen, and Toxicity Special Study of the Santa Clara Estuary
- 2018 March Technical Review Team Comments Phase III Report
- 2018 Preliminary Hydrogeological Study Santa Clara River Estuary
- 2018 Final Phase III Studies Report
- 2018 Final Phase III Studies Appendices
- 2018 Comments and Responses to Comments Matrix on Draft Phase 3 Study
- 2017 Stakeholder Workshop Presentation
- 2017 Draft Phase III Studies Report
- 2017 Draft Phase III Studies Appendices
- 2014 Phase 2 Amended Final Report Estuary Special Studies
- 2014 Phase 3 Estuary Approval Work Plan
- 2011 Amended Final Report - Santa Clara River Estuary Subwatershed Study
- 2010 Phase 1 Recycled Water Market Study
- 2010 Treatment Wetlands Feasibility Report
Urban Water Management Plans
Urban Water Management Plans (UWMPs) are prepared by water management agencies as planning tools to guide their future actions. Ventura Water’s UWMPs are long-term general planning documents. The UWMPs are different from the CWRRs above because the UWMPs have a long-term focus, while the CWRRs focus on short timelines and near-term demand changes.