K-12 School Ratings - Ventura has 32 K-12 schools to choose from — 11 of them are ranked 8, 9 or 10 — and an award-winning magnet school program.
There are 17 traditional, public neighborhood schools, including the following schools with magnet programs that encourage students to focus on their passions or language-centered schools that will prepare students for the global economy.
- ATLAS (Academy of Technology & Leadership at Saticoy)
- EP Foster (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math Academy)
- Montalvo (Arts Academy) + 90/10 Dual Language Immersion Program in Spanish
- Mound (Science & Global Citizenship Magnet)
- Sheridan Way (International Language Study Academy) - Mandarin enrichment
- Will Rogers Schoolwide 50/50 Dual Language Immersion Program
Cross-town rivals, Buena High School and Ventura High School, are traditional mid-size high schools offering students the opportunity to enroll in Honors and AP Classes, a wide variety of electives such as music or journalism, an extensive athletics program allowing students to compete in a wide variety of sports, and a multitude of clubs and organizations to round out the extracurricular activities that students can engage in.
Foothill Technology High School - voted in the top 100 of America's Top high Schools by Newsweek Magazine, Foothill is a small, magnet public school, with a focus on technology, medical services, and communications.
El Camino High School is a small, independent study, competency-based high school that offers students the opportunity to work independently on assigned courses while working closely with a mentor teacher. Students are also required to enroll concurrently at Ventura Community College for enrichment, career exploration, and advanced study.
Pacific High School is a small but exemplary continuation high school that serves students who have not succeeded in the traditional high school setting offering a structured yet flexible setting and the individual attention they wouldn’t otherwise get in a larger school.
Ventura is also home to two charter schools – offering parents even more tuition-free choices.
- Ventura Charter School of Arts and Global Education is a K-8 progressive school offering an innovative, interdisciplinary project –based curriculum with a student-centered approach that also addresses the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical needs of the students. By involving parents in their child’s education and utilizing multi-aged classrooms, students receive individualized lessons tailored to their needs.
- Golden Valley Charter School is a K-12 non-classroom based program serving four counties that focuses on individualized learning with parents serving as the day-to-day instructor under the guidance of a fully-credentialed teacher.
In addition to all of the public school choices, Ventura offers a great selection of private schools as well.
- Our Lady of the Assumption (K – 8)
- City Christian School (pre-K – 8)
- Holy Cross (K – 8)
- Ventura Missionary School (K – 8)
- Saint Augustine Academy (K – 12)
- St. Bonaventure High School (9 – 12)
- Ventura County Christian School (K - 12)