Update or Close your Business License

  1. Update Your Business License
  2. Close Your Business License

Update Account Information Online

  • Login into your e-file portal by using the account number and security code.
  • Click on the "Modify Account Information" action type at the bottom of the account information page.

Update Account Information by Email

  • Send an email to BL@cityofventura.ca.gov
  • Subject Line: Account# Update Account Information.
  • Include any changes that need to be made on the account.
  • If the changes include an address change into a commercial location, then include the following:
    • Are you sharing the commercial space with another business?
      • If the answer is yes, then provide the name of the other business who you will be sharing space with.
      • If the answer is no, then provide the square footage of the commercial location. 

Contact the Business Tax Office

We are located at: 501 Poli St Room 107, Ventura, CA 93001

Office Hours

Monday - Wednesday 7:30AM - 5:00PM
Thursday 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM (Alternating Fridays)

Contact Information

Phone: (805) 658-4715
Email: BL@cityofventura.ca.gov