California Gold Coast Lacrosse Club
The California Gold Coast Lacrosse Club was created to give those players and parents, boys and girls, in and going into high school, a chance to play this amazing sport. We provide opportunities to those that have played and are new to the sport, a chance to participate in spring and summer programs that fit their needs and desires and give all levels of ability the opportunity to grow and enjoy the sport.
The spring of 2019 will be our inaugural season. The City of Ventura Parks, Recreation & Community Partnerships (PRCP) Department is spearheading this effort alongside a number of gracious, dedicated and experienced parents in the local Lacrosse scene.
Our initial goal is to offer those potential high school players and parents in Ventura the opportunity to participate. However, we will take anyone who wants to play!
Our season starts in January 2019, with registration. We will be having free clinics during the summer of 2018 for those who want to get a taste for lacrosse. We will form team(s) with an optimum number of players at 15-22 (based on the number of players in each of the positions that make up a Lacrosse team – goalie, defensemen, attackers, midfielders). In addition to the training days, these players might engage in playing against other similar types of teams in local area scrimmages.
Equipment Needed for Boys Lacrosse
- Lacrosse Stick (Short stick for attack & midfield; long pole for defense; goalie stick for goalie)
- Helmet: All helmets and face masks should be NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment) approved.
- Elbow Pads
- Shoulder Pads (not required for goalies)
- Protective Cup
- Goalkeeper Equipment: The goalkeeper is required to wear a throat protector and chest protector, in addition to a helmet, mouthpiece, elbow pads, gloves and a protective cup.
- Rib Pads are optional
Equipment Needed for Girls Lacrosse
- Lacrosse Stick
- Eye protection (must meet ASTM specification standard F803 for women's adult/ youth lacrosse for the appropriate level of play)
- Gloves (padded gloves are required for goalie. Close fitting gloves are optional for all others)
- Helmet with face mask (only for goalie)
- Goalie Equipment:
- The goalkeeper must wear a helmet with face mask (NOCSAEapproved
- Throat protector
- Padded gloves
- Chest protector with abdominal and pelvic protection
- Thigh and shin padding
- The goalkeeper may wear padding on arms, legs, and shoulders which does not excessively increase the size of those body parts
Coaches may find the following information (found on the US Lacrosse website) helpful:
Head injury continues to be a serious concern in youth sports, even when wearing helmets. Ventura Youth Lacrosse takes the risk of head injury very seriously. Coaches are required to follow the Concussion Management Plan Guidelines set forth by US Lacrosse and observe the signs and symptoms of a concussion as outlined in the Guidelines. Players with one or more signs or symptoms of a concussion will be removed from activity until cleared by a medical professional. More information about concussions, what to look for, and how to manage a child with a concussion can be accessed on the US Lacrosse concussion awareness web page.
For more information regarding the California Gold Coast Youth Lacrosse Program, sign up to receive email communications or contact Chip Tarleton, Community Services Supervisor at 805-654-7809 or [email protected] Follow us on Facebook- Ventura Youth Lacrosse