Pay/Contest Your Administrative Citation

Payment of Administrative Citations - Including Online Payments

You may pay your administration citation, e.g., Social Host or Notice of Disturbance at the following link: Online Citation Processing Center.

You may also pay your citation by sending in your payment to the address listed on your citation. This citation is your first bill, you will not receive a notice from the collection company until it is past due. Phone payments are also accepted at 1-800-989-2058. Payments are not accepted at any City of Ventura facilities. 

How to Contest an Administrative Citation, Social Host or Notice of Disturbance

You may contest a citation within 21 days of the date it was issued. There are a couple of ways you can do this: 

You can come into the Ventura Police Department and complete an Administrative Review Form, or download the form and mail it to us at: Ventura Police Department, Administrative Review Officer, 1425 Dowell Drive, Ventura CA, 93003.

Or you can write a letter explaining why you want to contest the citation and mail it and include any backup documentation. Please do not send in your citation, that is your copy.

In both instances, the citation will be placed on hold and you will receive a certified letter as to the disposition.

If the citation is dismissed, there is no more action required on your end. If the citation is upheld, you will have 21 days from the letter date to pay the citation before late fees would be added. You may also request a hearing; the information on how to do this will accompany the letter. 

If you have questions please email or call 805-477-3747

PDF Form for Downloading, Printing, and Mailing to VPD: CLICK HERE