The Ventura Police Department is actively hiring entry level Police Officer Trainees, Lateral or Academy Trained Police Officers and Public Safety Dispatchers! If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org today or call 805-339-4489.
Our department prides itself on hiring and retaining the most qualified individuals. The position of Ventura Police Officer is not only challenging but also extremely rewarding. As a police officer fighting and preventing crime, protecting the innocent, and serving the community is what you do daily, but it is the individuals we hire who are leaders, have courage, integrity, self-discipline, and compassion that make our department great.
The ideal candidate:
- Is trustworthy, honest, physically active and has good leadership qualities.
- Takes responsibility and uses a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Maintains control when resolving delicate issues or responding to emergency situations.
- Makes logical, fair decisions with calm professionalism, while adhering to the law.
Step 1 Online Application
Step 2 Personal History Statement All applicants must complete and return the POST Form 2-251 to the Police Department.
Step 3 Written Examination Applicants are encouraged to take the exam as soon as possible.
Register yourself to participate in the National Testing Network Frontline National Written examination as soon as possible. There are three components to the written examination: a video-based human relations test, a reading ability test and a written language ability test. Testing takes approximately 2.5 hours. Go to the National Testing Network page then select Law Enforcement and sign up for the City of Ventura Police Department.
If you have already taken the California Peace Officer Standards and Training Entry Level Law Enforcement Test Battery or have already completed the National Testing Network Frontline National Written Examination, then please submit test scores upon application.
Step 5 Physical Agility Testing
- Agility Run: Run a 99-yard course with abrupt changes in lateral and vertical movement
- Dummy Drag: Lift and drag 165-pound dummy 32 feet
- Fence Climb/Run: Run 5 yards, climb a six-foot high chain-link fence, continue running 25 yards
- 500 Yard Run: Run 500 yards with no obstacles.
- The background investigation includes checks of employment, police, financial, education and military records and interviews with family members, neighbors, supervisors, coworkers and friends. You will be evaluated on your past behavior and the extent to which your behavior demonstrates positive traits that support your candidacy for Police Officer Trainee.
- The polygraph examination is conducted to confirm information obtained during the selection process.
- The Medical Evaluation is thorough, and it is essential that you be in excellent health with no conditions, which would restrict your ability to safely perform the essential functions of the police officer job. Good physical condition is necessary, as training in the Academy is rigorous. Failure to be in excellent physical condition may delay or disrupt training and result in a dismissal from the Academy.
Learn more about minimum qualifications, benefits, selection plan and online application at: Police Officer Trainee Job Posting.
5% increase after six months and every year until top step. Educational Incentive: AA/AS $100,045.11, BS/BA $105, 037.84. $5,000 relocation inventive. Under general supervision, performs regular law enforcement, criminal investigation, crime prevention, and traffic control and enforcement duties. May perform duties in specialty assignments such as: motorcycle officer, K-9, major crimes investigations, special investigation, SWAT and field tactical units.
Lateral Public Safety Dispatcher (911 Operator)
Receives, screens and responds to incoming emergency and non-emergency calls for police assistance. Dispatches appropriate units and maintains necessary communication with units during their response to calls. Performs a variety of clerical, record-keeping, and general support duties related to communication activities. $56,000 - $79,000.
Learn more about the entry level position and sign up to be notified when the job posting opens! Questions? Please email email@example.com. More information at the following link: