Design and Construction
Capital Project Status
The map below shows the major capital improvement project (CIP) in the City. Click on the project locator icon for more information.
Note: some facility locations have been omitted from this map for security reasons.
The current status of selected active infrastructure capital projects can be found on the City's Capital Improvement Program GIS map. Select the project icon on the map for more information about the project.
Capital Improvement Program
As required by the City Charter, each year, prior to approving the City Budget, the City Council approves a 5-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP). The goals of the CIP are to:
- Provide a systematic approach for the repair and replacement of deteriorating infrastructure.
- Meet regulatory requirements.
- Add new and enhance existing infrastructure to improve the quality of life for City residents and businesses.
- Identify future funding that will leverage available resources and develop a comprehensive financial strategy.
The Charter also requires that the CIP include:
- A clear general summary of its contents.
- A list of all capital improvements which are proposed to be made during the next five fiscal years, with appropriate supporting information as to the necessity for such improvements.
- Cost estimates, method of financing and recommended time schedules for each such improvement.
- The estimated annual cost of operating and maintaining the facilities to be constructed or acquired.
Prior to 2022, the City developed a 6-year CIP every even-numbered year. The remaining 5-years of the CIP were revised but not republished on odd-numbered years. Click the links below to view the current and previous Capital Improvement Programs.
Projects out to Bid
The City of Ventura is transitioning from a paper based bidding process via CyberCopy to an electronic online bidding service called VirtuBidTM with the Quest Construction Data Network. The bidding process being used for each individual project will be identified in the Notice Inviting Bids and the Instructions to Bidders for each project. The links below may be used to look for projects out to bid using both the paper-based (CyberCopy) and online (VirtuBidTM) processes.