Last Content Update:
What We Do
- Provide operational support
- Support Central repository for Department records
- Enter and Update stolen vehicles and missing persons into statewide databases
- Prepare records for District Attorney / Court Adjudication
- Respond to subpoenas
- Respond to petitions for case sealings
Request a Copy of a Police Report
In compliance with state law, copies of Police reports may be requested by authorized parties.
Traffic collision reports can be obtained online or by submitting a request to the Ventura Police Department.
Requests for crime reports and other eligible records can be submitted in person or via mail. Due to current staffing levels, we are unable to provide same-day service, however, all report requests will be reviewed and responded to within 10 calendar days of receipt.
All requests should include a copy of government issued picture identification, $20 check or money order, the Ventura PD report number (or details such as date/time/location to assist staff in locating the record), and the address to which you want the report mailed. You may also request to pick up your records. The report fee is waived if you opt to receive your records via email.
- Please note: some records may not be available via email due to policy, laws, or notarization.
Requests can be mailed to:
- Ventura PD Record Request
- 1425 Dowell Drive
- Ventura, CA 93003