File a Police Report
- Is this an emergency?
- Are there any known suspects or suspect info?
- Did this occur on a state freeway?
Using our Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents:
- Custody order violation
- Fraudulent use of credit card
- Harassing phone call (excluding threats of imminent harm)
- Identity theft
- Lost property
- Supplemental report
- Theft (excluding prescription medications)
- Vehicle burglary
Upon completion of this report process you will: 1) See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Just the Facts: Just report to us what you personally saw, or know. This is not the place for speculation, opinions, or conclusions. Remember, if you have any idea who did the crime, or there are any witnesses, you need to call us or come to the station.
- Details do matter: If you can locate the model and serial numbers for your lost or stolen property, we can enter it in the national databases. Where called for, estimate as best you can the fair market value for the property, or the dollar amount of damage done. An example would be if you were filing a vandalism report you should be as specific as possible within the narrative section. e.g., "My car was damaged" is not an acceptable description of events. We would need additional information such as, "My car was damaged and it looks like someone used a key to scratch the car from the front and down along the side rear panel.
- Go with the form: We've provided all the allowable choices in the drop-downs and outlines. If it doesn't fit, then you cannot report it online. Certain fields are mandatory entries that require input before we can file the form.
- Give us time: Upon submission of your report you will receive a notification e-mail letting you know your report has been received. Our staff checks and reviews incoming reports daily. If all the necessary information is provided, the report will be accepted into our database and you will receive a report number via e-mail, along with a link/attachment to the report. If information is missing or your report narrative is incomplete, you will be contacted via e-mail and requested to submit additional information.
- Tell the Truth: You are still responsible for making sure whatever you report to us, whether by phone, in person, or online is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. Filing a false police report is a crime.