Contractor (State Licensed)

All state licensed contractors must obtain a City Business License prior to pulling any building permits. When applying for a business license contractors cannot report less than $75,000 in gross receipts without proof. If the company is sending an agent to apply for a business license, he or she must provide an Agent Authorization letter with a photo I.D.

For any Building Permit questions please contact the Building & Safety department at (805) 654-7869 or click here.

Business License Documents

Ventura Municipal Code - 6.100.020

Contractors State License Board